shoot the model – lo-fi and on location
dia de los muertos
featuring mona pitts >
4:15pm – 6:15 pm
There is room for 6 photographers
promotion only model release provided
$16 / person
sign up >
Join us for some Halloween / Dia De Los Muertos creative fun
It’s not what you shoot with, it’s what you say. We take a model on the east side streets and try to emulate a magazine spread using smartphone apps like hipstamatic and instagram, pic grunger, lens babies, etc. (no DSLR please) Promo only model release provided. On our last outting we got a lot of attention on the street, and it turned out to be a very spontaneous experience. Everyone was wondering who the famous model was.
The goal is to:
- promote edgier, more gestural photography
- test the abilities and push the parameters of “lo-fi” technology
- gather confidence in numbers to shoot in public
- encourage people to shoot even if they don’t own top of the line cameras
- make you a more spontaneous, sociable person, dammit.